How can Dashboards and Scorecards Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key advisors in the Monthly Analysis Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Dashboards and Scorecards like the Executive Dashboard with Financial KPIs template shown below enables them and users from the senior leadership team to experience near real time profit & loss (P&L) and balance sheet metrics that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Executive Dashboards with Financial KPIs and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today‚Äôs fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like executives and board members with timely and concise Dashboards and Scorecards. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive better and faster decisions:
- One page overview that brings together the top financial metrics in an easy to view layout
- Combined trend charts and year-to-date variance metrics
- Green and red backgrounds with performance indicators that dynamically changes based on variances from budget or last year actuals
The Executive Dashboard with Financial KPIs template can be used as a key element of the Monthly Analysis process:
The Executive Dashboard with Financial KPIs is a ready-to-use Dashboards and Scorecards from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Executive Dashboard with Financial KPIs Template
Dashboards and Scorecards like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with pre-defined KPIs with charts. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to review eye catching and easy to read KPI trends and variances. Executive Dashboards with Financial KPIs are often used in conjunction with profit & loss reports, balance sheets, and supporting operational reports.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization‚Äôs ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve ‚Äúone version of the truth‚ÄĚ
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: