How can Accounts Payable Reports Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As Accounting Managers increasingly become in the Vendor Expense Analysis Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Accounts Payable Reports like the Top 20 Vendor Payables Report template shown below enables them and users from the finance and accounting teams to experience near real time vendor payables analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Top 20 Vendor Payables Reports and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, Accounting Managers are under high pressure to supply end users like controllers and AP managers with timely and concise Accounts Payable Reports. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive better expense control and cash management:
- Automatic ranking of the top 20 vendors based on the amount owed to them
- Analysis (and risk assessment) of how much the top three AP amounts are as a percent of the top 20 payables
- Useful data such as date of last payment, balance due and grand total owed
The Top 20 Vendor Payables Report template can be used as a key element of the Vendor Expense Analysis process:
The Top 20 Vendor Payables Report is a ready-to-use Accounts Payable template from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Top 20 Vendor Payables Report Template
Accounts Payable Reports like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with graphical analysis, auto narrative to highlight key information, and details for each vendor ranked by amount due. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to easily access web-based, self-service vendor reports that can be run on demand or that can be scheduled with distribution to any user in the organization. Top 20 Vendor Payables Reports are often used in conjunction with AP detail reports, AP spending trend reports, profit & loss reports with budget- and last year variances, and vendor payables dashboards.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization’s ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve “one version of the truth”
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: