How can Financial KPI Dashboards Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key advisors in the Monthly Analysis Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive KPI Dashboards like the Financial KPI Variance Dashboard template shown below enables them and users from the leadership team to experience near real time financial KPIs that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Financial KPI Variance Dashboards and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayās fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like board members and executives with timely and concise Financial KPI Dashboards. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive informed decisions.
- Comparison of the Actual data with Budget and Last Year figures
- % Variance columns with traffic light indicators
- Charts for visual comparison
The Financial KPI Variance Dashboard template can be used as a key element of the Monthly Analysis process:
The Financial KPI Variance Dashboard is a ready-to-use Financial KPI Dashboard from the Solver Marketplace
A Brief Description of the Financial KPI Variance Dashboard Template
Financial KPI Dashboards like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with P&L and Balance Sheet KPIs with bar charts and user-defined filters. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to easily monitor KPI variances by keeping an eye on the traffic lights to see if there are red indicators that need action to be initiated. Financial KPI Variance Dashboards are often used in conjunction with balance sheet, revenue and expense dashboards.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationās ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve āone version of the truthā
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: