Senior Accounting Analyst
Company: Solver is the leading provider of complete Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions for todayâ€™s mid-market enterprise and the company is at the forefront of CPM technology with deep ERP integrations. Solverâ€™s solution is available both as a cloud and on-premise deployment and it offers powerful and intuitive modules for reporting, budgeting, dashboards, and data warehousing. We currently have 20 successful global locations worldwide. The Solver cloud suite encompasses financial and operational reporting and planning functionality, as well as data integration and visualization components.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic senior accounting professional, highly skilled in preparing standard and specialized financial reports according to GAAP and IFRS, with the ability to establish and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures. The right candidate can also conduct complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries into accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions. Establish, maintain, and coordinate theÂ implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures. Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, national, and private funding, contracts, and/or grants. Career-level professional within field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the GL on a day-to-day basis and the basic monthly close activities, including revenue deferral calculations and invoicing
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Reconcile various balance and P&L accounts, including cash and deferred revenue
- Book all the cash transactions and reconcile the bank accounts
- Analyze, report and provide details on current financial status to Controller, management, and executives
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes
- Conduct thorough research of historical data to incorporate into financial models and analysis
- Compare anticipated and actual results and help identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting for departments and projects
- Review and perform accounting transactions for data accuracy
- Assist in the selection and implementation of an in-house accounting platform
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- Become proficient in utilizing the Solver CPM tool to develop analytical reports
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and we may assign other job-related duties to the employee from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree (or international equivalent) and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Problem Solving â€“ Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Teamwork â€“ Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to othersâ€™ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyoneâ€™s efforts to succeed
- Initiative â€“ Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative and responsive
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Solver preferred
Learn more about life at Solver here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solver/life/
Location: Team members have flexible schedules but will be required to work with the Pacific Time core work hours.
Type:Â Full time
Status:Â United States residents or authorization to work in the US is required.