What is a Transportation Carrier Monthly Trend Dashboard?
Carrier trend dashboards are considered valuable monthly analysis tools and are used by analysts and logistics managers to look for important trends in transportation KPIs. Some of the main functionality in this type of dashboard is that it provides graphical trend analysis for six key carrier metrics. These include monthly seasonality and exceptions in: 1) Truck turnaround time (hours), 2) Average revenue per hour, 3) Truckload capacity utilized, 4) Transit time (hours), 5) Average revenue per mile, and 6) On time pickup. You find an example of this type of dashboard below.
Purpose of Monthly Trend Dashboards for Transportation Carriers
Distribution businesses use Trend Dashboards to analyze monthly seasonality and outliers. When used as part of good business practices in a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department, a company can improve its decision speed when important trends are discovered, and it can reduce the chances that managers don’t quickly notice problems and outliers amongst their carriers.
Monthly Trend Dashboard Example
Here is an example of a Monthly Trend Dashboard for Transportation Carriers to compare logistical KPIs.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Dashboard?
The typical users of this type of dashboard are: Analysts, Logistics managers, transportation executives, COOs.
Other Dashboards Often Used in Conjunction with Monthly Trend Dashboards for Transportation Carriers
Progressive Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) departments sometimes use several different Monthly Trend Dashboards for Transportation Carriers, along with Â inventory reports, demand forecasts, supplier reports, transportation rate forecasts, annual budgets and forecasts and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from management systems or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100â€™s of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- Read more about Distribution industry solutions here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards