What is a Capacity Utilization Dashboard?
Utilization analysis dashboards with comparative analysis are considered benchmarking tools and are often used by plant and operations managers to track utilization by facility and to easily see exceptions. Key functionality in this type of dashboard report provides utilization analysis by individual plant and it also compares all the plants in the corporation. You will find an example of this type of dashboard report below.
Purpose of Capacity Utilization Dashboards
Manufacturing companies use Capacity Utilization Dashboards to monitor plant performance and trends with utilization metrics. When used as part of good business practices, a company can improve its utilization tracking and analysis, as well as, reduce the chances that an individual plant becomes inefficient without managers quickly detecting it.
Capacity Utilization Dashboard Example
Here is an example of a Capacity Utilization Dashboard to track multiple manufacturing plants.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here.
Who Uses This Type of Dashboard Report?
The typical users of this type of dashboard report are: Executives and Plant Managers.
Other Dashboard Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Capacity Utilization Dashboards
Progressive manufacturing companies sometimes use several different Capacity Utilization Dashboards, along with production dashboards, inventory reports, sales forecast, sales reports and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100âs of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- Manufacturing White Paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards