We have an exciting opportunity for aÂ Production Support AnalystÂ in our Los Angeles office to be part of our growing team performing duties across multiple areas of information technology, such as computer hardware, server software, networking, telecommunications, computer support, database analysis, data security, and other areas of the overall IT platform/infrastructure. Responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of systems by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software, hardware, and operating systems. Report system downtime and performance issues. Conduct analysis, including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools. Respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades. Manage security solutions, including firewalls, antivirus, and intrusion protection systems. Perform scheduled network tasks, update antivirus definition files, monitor network servers, and provide internet and intranet user support. Participate in IT projects to drive technological efficiencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clearly, concisely, and accurately document infrastructure inventory, root cause analysis, user instructions, internal knowledge base articles in technical terms, or translated in a âlayâ format, depending on the audience.
- Maintain high availability for critical services, including email, phone systems, web servers, and other business impacting services.
- Ensure and enforce IT security practices, analyze systems to meet regulatory compliance, and ensure all documentation on systems are accurate.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, SMEs, and vendors to define roadmaps, project scopes and translate into user stories or requirements.
- Maintain network and data security and integrity, including firewall configuration, antivirus updates, software updates, and backups for workstations and servers.
- Constantly gather information, research, and scope projects for complex issues, enhancement, and continual service improvement.
- Install, configure, and maintain IT infrastructure, including networking, server hardware, power, and storage devices.
- Work with Tier 1 IT staff with escalations, knowledge transfer, training, and mentoring.
- Clearly and accurately, documents ticket resolution, user instructions, manuals, internal knowledge base articles in technical terms or translated in a âlayâ format, depending on the audience.
- Closes tickets assigned as well as escalated tickets in an efficient manner with high customer service.
Â Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications Technology or related field preferred.
- 2+ years in an IT production support or IT systems administrator role.
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures and offer insight on process improvement.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative and responsive.
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word skills required.
- Computer proficiency and word processing skills required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Networking protocols including TCP/IP, UDP.
- Infrastructure services including DHCP, DNS, NTP, SNMP.
- Application protocols including POP3, IMAP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, FTP/SFTP, SSH.
- Server operating systems including Windows 2012/2016 and Linux.
- HP and Dell network and server equipment.
- Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Hybrid Active Directory environments.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cloud Services, Intune, Office 365, Dynamics 365, Amazon Web Services.
- Writing and modifying SQL scripts, and working in Microsoft SQL/SSIS, MySQL.
- Writing and modifying server-side scripts including PowerShell and Python.
Solver offers very competitive benefits including health, dental, vision and life, as well as Simple IRA matching, company outings, and more.
- Compensation: Competitive salary plus a full benefits package.
- Travel: No
- Location: Candidate must currently reside in the Los Angeles area.
- Status: US Citizenship or Green card required.