What is a Hotel KPI Dashboard?
Hotel KPI Dashboards are considered monitoring and analysis tools and are used by hotel managers and executives to get a graphical representation of essential performance metrics. Some of the main functionality in this type of dashboard is that it is parameter driven and it gives the user four different KPI views, including: 1) Monthly trend in room nights, 2) Top revenue categories ranked by amount, 3) Top expense categories ranked by amount, and 4) Monthly trend in revenues. You find an example of this type of dashboard below.
Purpose of Hotel KPIÂ Dashboards
Hospitality companies use Hotel KPI Dashboards to give leaders a quick and easy way to see the big picture for financial metrics and occupancy. When used as part of good business practices in FP&A and Executive departments, a company can improve its strategic decisions, and it can reduce the chances that managers get lost in details and miss major trends in hotel performance.
Example of a Hotel KPIÂ Dashboard
Here is an example of a Hotel KPI Dashboard with trends in room nights and revenue and expense comparisons.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Dashboard?
The typical users of this type of dashboard are: CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Hotel Managers, Analysts.
Other Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Hotel KPIÂ Dashboards
Progressive FP&A and Executive departments sometimes use several different Hotel KPI Dashboards, along with detailed financial statements, corporate dashboards, forecast models and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100âs of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- View a Hospitality industry white paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards