What is a Reimbursement Analysis Dashboard?
Reimbursement Dashboards are considered operational analysis tools and are used by program and product managers to review expenses and other metrics related to the company’s drug reimbursement program. Some of the main functionality in this type of report is that it provides graphical analysis of five key performance indicators (KPIs), including: 1) Year-to-date (YTD) costs of reimbursement requests, 2) Reimbursements by channel (hospitals, physicians, retail pharmacies, etc.) YTD, 3) Number of claims by reimbursement status (in process, paid, pending, to pay), 4) Top five claimants (hospital, patients, health plans, government, social workers), and 5) Reimbursement cost by product. You find an example of this type of dashboard below.
Purpose of Reimbursement Analysis Dashboards
Pharmaceutical companies use Reimbursement Analysis Dashboards to give managers self-service analysis that enables them to closely monitor expenses and other metrics related to the reimbursement program. When used as part of good business practices in Finance and Product departments, a company can improve its profitability and policies, and it can reduce the chances that managers miss trends and outliers that could have been used to improve program strategies.
Example of a Reimbursement Analysis Dashboard
Here is an example of a Reimbursement Dashboard with costs, top claimants and refunds by product.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Report?
The typical users of this type of report are: Program managers, controllers, analysts, executives.
Other Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Reimbursement Analysis Dashboards
Progressive Finance and Product departments sometimes use several different Reimbursement Analysis Dashboards, along with reimbursement reports, profit & loss reports, KPI dashboards, annual budgets and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100âs of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- View a Pharma Industry white paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards