How can Financial Dashboards Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key players in the Monthly Reporting Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Financial Dashboards like the Balance Sheet Dashboard with Variance Analysis template shown below enables them and users from the FP&A team to experience near real time asset and liability analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Balance Sheet Dashboards with Variance Analysis¬†and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today‚Äôs fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like accountants and analysts with timely and concise Financial Dashboards. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive investment optimization and risk reduction.
- Comparison of Actual asset and liability data with Last Year
- Balance Sheet KPI measures with % Variances
- Interactive Charts with ranking of asset and liability account categories
The Balance Sheet Dashboard with Variance Analysis template can be used as a key element of the Monthly Reporting process:
The Balance Sheet Dashboard with Variance Analysis is a ready-to-use Financial Dashboard from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Balance Sheet Dashboard with Variance Analysis Template
Financial Dashboards like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with KPIs with indicators, reports and charts. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to select any account or account category in the two tables and get instant graphical analysis of that item. Balance Sheet Dashboard with Variance Analysis are often used in conjunction with balance sheet reports, liquidity models, and cash flow reports.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization‚Äôs ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve ‚Äúone version of the truth‚ÄĚ
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: