How can Simulation Dashboards Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As FP&A Managers increasingly become central figures in the Modelling and Forecasting Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Simulation Dashboards like the Revenue Simulation Dashboard template shown below enables them and users from the Finance team to experience near real time forecasting that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Revenue Simulation Dashboards and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayâs fast-paced business environment, FP&A Managers are under high pressure to supply end users like CFOs and analysts with timely and concise Simulation Dashboards. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive revenue growth strategies.
- Sliders to increase or decrease the weighting of historical data in the current year estimate
- Interactive revenue tables by GL category and account
- Charts to compare history and budget with the simulated estimate
The Revenue Simulation Dashboard template can be used as a key element of the Modelling and Forecasting process:
The Revenue Simulation Dashboard is a ready-to-use Simulation Dashboard from the Solver Marketplace
A Brief Description of the Revenue Simulation Dashboard Template
Simulation Dashboards like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with simulation sliders as well as comparative tables and graphical charts. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to move any of the sliders left or right to increase or decrease the weighting of that item in the simulated forecast. Revenue Simulation Dashboards are often used in conjunction with forecast input models, sales dashboards, revenue dashboards, profit & loss reports.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationâs ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve âone version of the truthâ
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: