Senior Software Engineer
Company:Â Solver is the leading provider of complete Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions for todayâs mid-market enterprise and the company is at the forefront of CPM technology with deep ERP integrations. Solver’s solution is available both as a cloud and on-premise deployment and it offers powerful and intuitive modules for reporting, budgeting, dashboards, and data warehousing. We currently have 20 successful global locations worldwide. The Solver cloud suite encompasses financial and operational reporting and planning functionality, as well as data integration and visualization components.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated developer, highly skilled in C# and T-SQL to join our growing product team.
Our systems are developed in C#, T-SQL, and Angular in Typescript, and run on the Azure cloud using Service Fabric, Docker, and PaaS Web Apps. The ability to work across the full stack is available, but not required.
- Maintaining and enhancing our existing products, primarily our Data Warehouse and Data Integration engine
- Maintaining, enhancing, and creating new adapters to third-party services
- Developing new products or features for our suite
- Debugging issues in our deployed environments
Experience and Qualifications
To succeed in this role, candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of full-time development experience using C# and ASP.NET Web API to build RESTful APIs with JSON payloads
- Strong knowledge of and experience with T-SQL
- Familiarity with accessing and using JSON payloads within C#
- Good understanding of generics, LINQ, lambdas, async/await, and other modern C# programming idioms
- Good understanding of data structures and when to use them appropriately
- Good understanding of parallel and concurrent programming
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with application architecture and design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of browser-based application development
- Excellent organizational, qualitative, and analytical skills
- The ability to model a problem domain in code as simply as possible and manage complexity over time
- The ability to communicate complex ideas with others
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and frameworks
- A strong desire to improve yourself in the craft of programming
- A list of technologies you are excited to work with
- Good to have:
- Experience with front-end development, particularly with Typescript, targeting Angular or React
- Knowledge of Dapper
- Experience in designing or developing a distributed system
- ETL/Data integration experience
- Experience with micro-services or service-oriented architecture
- Containers and Kubernetes knowledge
- Familiarity with the actor concurrency model
- Agile development methodologies
- Exposure to multiple programming patterns, techniques, and paradigms
- Examples of personally developed source code, e.g. GitHub, open-source, etc. Languages other than C# or Typescript are fine.
Learn more about life at Solver here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solver/life/
Type: Local or remote
Location: Solver’s global headquarters is in Los Angeles. Travel to the LA office may be required up to four times per year for team building. Team members have flexible schedules but will be required to work with the Pacific Time core work hours.
Type: Full time