Senior Sales Representative – New Business
Solver is on the lookout for an independent go-getter salesperson who is highly experienced and excited to leverage their deep knowledge of effective sales techniques to complete complex sales with little to no supervision. This is a remote position with travel less than 50% of the time.
In this job, you will:
- Sell products and/or services to the customer, and then transition the account to Customer Success for ongoing maintenance, service, and relationship management
- Be responsible for developing new customer accounts
- Pursue sales leads & deals and visit prospect sites within an assigned territory defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment
- Engage with customers in face-to-face meetings, as well as over the phone and internet (e.g., chat, email, video conferencing, etc.) to conduct the sales process and close sales
- Execute your sales strategy, identify new opportunities/leads, and generate regular required sales reports
This job is a perfect fit for a career-level seller who is highly skilled in sales techniques and who can demonstrate a strong understanding of Solver products and services (weâll help with that, of course). If you love crafting your own schedule and organizing your day the way you feel is best, you will love the autonomy of this position that empowers you to complete complex sales with little to no supervision. Though this job typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant sales experience, we are flexible. If you are missing a few qualifications but can sell us on why youâre the best candidate for the job, we will be excited to welcome you to the Solver family.
On any given day, you will find yourself completing sales-centric tasks such as:
- Growing new customer software and services revenue through sales with/for partners and direct sales
- Attending trade shows (as needed)
- Developing assets specific to an individual sale
- Conducting general demos, working with Solution Engineers or partners with discovery for custom demos, and actively participating in custom demos
- Configuring software and services pricing, submitting orders for new sales, following up for payment if needed
- Actively keeping sales records up to date where required, including daily in the CRM system
- Assisting the marketing department with win-wires and case studies
- Being responsive to requests from employees, partners, and customers, attending and participating in meetings, and providing stellar customer service internally and externally in oral and written communication
These duties and responsibilities are not a comprehensive list and we may assign other job-related duties to you from time to time, but we arenât looking to overload you with tasks. Let us know what you can and should handle, and weâll listen. We value your opinions and we trust that you know how to do your job.
Also, we respect that, although you love your job, you also have a life outside of your work. Thatâs why this position is remote, with travel less than 50% of the time and only occasional visits to Solverâs HQ in Los Angeles.
This job does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
Experience and Qualifications
To perform your job successfully, you should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies (note that this is not a comprehensive list of all qualifications and competencies):
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; continuously strives to build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative, and responsive.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Nice to have:
- Education – Degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Experience – 6+ years related sales experience, with experience in cloud software sales preferred
- Strong computer and Excel skills is preferred
A successful salesperson in this role will surpass all of their KPIs, provide incredible customer service, work to improve processes, and be a contributing member of Solver and the Sales team. An unsuccessful person in this role will fail to hit their KPIs, not accept and execute on corrective action, or be a person that does not work well within their team, department, or company.
Solver has 20 global locations, all 100% focused on financially empowering mid-market organizations through comprehensive insight into financial and operational performance. If you are looking to make your mark with a rapidly growing financial software provider that helps companies around the world overcome their toughest financial challenges, we would love to have you become part of the Solver family.
Type: Local or remote
Location: Work remote with travel less than 50% of the time and occasional visits to the Los Angeles office.