How can Quarterly Rolling Revenue Analysis Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key innovators in the Monthly and Quarterly Reporting Processes, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Revenue Analysis like the Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis template shown below enables them and users from the FP&A teams and the board to experience near real time quarterly revenue trend analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayās fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like executives and board members with timely and concise Revenue Analysis. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive better revenue trend insights:
- The user can select the Revenue Type (typically a Revenue Account Category) at run time and then the report will exclusively focus on the related GL accounts for in-depth analysis and clarity
- The report automatically displays charts and data for the last rolling 10 quarters
- The user can drill into months by expanding each quarterly column or drill into individual GL revenue accounts in the report below the chart
The Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis template can be used as a key element of the Quarterly Reporting process:
The Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis report is a ready-to-useĀ template from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis Template
Revenue Analysis reports like the one seen in the image above are interactive and typically contain sections with parameter-driven analysis with up to two and a half years of historical data by quarter and month. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to see a powerful combination of summary metrics (chart) and detail (report below the chart) to easily discover quarterly and multi-year trends. Rolling 10 Quarter Revenue Analysis reports are often used in conjunction with profit & loss reports, monthly revenue and sales dashboards, sales reports, and revenue budget and forecast input forms.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationās ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve āone version of the truthā
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: