How can Financial Statements Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As Corporate Controllers increasingly become key advisors in the Monthly Consolidation and Reporting Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Financial Statements like the P&L Consolidation Report with Breakdown by Company template shown below enables them and users from the parent company management teams to experience near real time consolidated and individual company P&Ls that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses P&L Consolidation Reports with Breakdown by Company and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayâs fast-paced business environment, Corporate Controllers are under high pressure to supply end users like executives and finance managers with timely and concise Financial Statements. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive better and faster corporate headquarter decisions:
- The first page shows the Consolidated Profit & Loss Variance report layout
- All subsidiaries selected in the report filter will automatically be displayed on individual tabs in the same report book
- Period, company and other filters dynamically drive the dashboard
The P&L Consolidation Report with Breakdown by Company template can be used as a key element of the Monthly Consolidation and Reporting process:
The P&L Consolidation Report with Breakdown by Company is a ready-to-use Financial Statement from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the P&L Consolidation Report with Breakdown by Company Template
Financial Statements like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with professional P&L variance report layout and automated consolidation. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to easily analyze the dynamically generated report book because of the consolidated version of the report on the first page and then the same report listed per subsidiary on the subsequent pages. P&L Consolidation Reports with Breakdown by Company are often used in conjunction with consolidating balance sheet reports, profit & loss consolidating report, KPI dashboards, and revenue and expense budget models.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationâs ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve âone version of the truthâ
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: