How can Revenue Trend Analysis Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key innovators in the Annual Reporting and Budgeting Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive revenue reports like the Multi-year Revenue Trend Analysis template shown below enables them and users from the FP&A teams and the board to experience near real time annual trend analysis across seven years that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Multi-year Revenue Trend Reports and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like executives and board members with timely and concise Revenue Analysis. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective reports that helps drive better strategic decisions by understanding multi-year trends:
- User can choose company and year and see the related trended data
- Combines graphical trend analysis with detailed view of each GL revenue account and its balances
- Drill down on any GL account to see the underlying transactions
The Multi-year Revenue Trend Analysis template can be used as a key element of the Annual Reporting and Budgeting process:
The Multi-year Revenue Trend Analysis is a ready-to-use Revenue Analysis from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Multi-year Revenue Trend Analysis Template
Revenue Analysis reports like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with visualizations and report detail. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to see the dynamic trend chart that displays year-to-date revenues for the current year as well as complete annual revenues for the past six years. The formatted report below the chart enables account-by-account analysis. Multi-year Revenue Trend Analysis reports are often used in conjunction with profit & loss reports, trended balance sheets and dashboards, as well as revenue budget and forecast input forms.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization’s ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve “one version of the truth”
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: