How can Accounts Payable Reports with Drill-down Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As Accounting Managers increasingly become key innovators in the Vendor Expense Analysis Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Accounts Payable Reports like the AP Detail Report with Drill-down to Gorilla Expense example shown below enables them and end users from departments, finance and accounting teams to experience near real time vendor expense trend analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses AP Detail Reports with Drill-down to Gorilla Expense and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, Accounting Managers are under high pressure to supply end users like controllers, AP managers and department heads with timely and concise Accounts Payable Reports. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive more informed purchase planning and quicker expense analysis:
- Vendor Expense transactions with hyperlinks for one-click access to the underlying document or image receipt in Gorilla Expense
- Detailed vendor expenses with dates and invoice amounts
- Parameter-driven report where the user can choose dates and which business unit to run the report for
The AP Detail Report with Drill-down to the Gorilla Expense application can be used as a key element of the Vendor Expense Analysis process:
The AP Detail Report with Drill-down to Gorilla Expense is a ready-to-use Accounts Payable Report from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the AP Detail Report with Drill-down to Gorilla Expense
Accounts Payable Reports like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with Vendor Number, Vendor Name, Document Number, Invoice Number, Document Type, Invoice Date, Invoice Posting Date, Invoice Due Date, Invoice Amount, and Link that opens Gorilla Expense. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to provide a web-based, self-service vendor report that can be run on demand or that can be scheduled to be distributed to any user in the organization. AP Detail Report with Drill-down to Gorilla Expense are often used in conjunction with AP summary reports, Top vendor reports, Accounts payable and vendor analysis dashboards, balance sheets, and profit & loss variance reports.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization’s ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve “one version of the truth”
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: