How can AR Reports Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As AR Managers increasingly become key advisors in accounting process improvement initiatives, they must rely on strong operational and financial reporting tools. Using interactive AR Reports like the Accounts Receivable Spending Trend By Customer template shown below enables them and other users from the accounting and FP&A teams to experience near real time receivables trend analysis by month and by customer that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Accounts Receivable Trend Reports and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, AR Managers are under high pressure to supply end users like AR staff and controllers with timely and concise reports. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive improved purchase planning, rate negotiations, and cash flow forecasting:
- Receivables balances by customer
- 13 month rolling AR trend detail with totals
- Parameters with easy filtering by customer, business unit and period
The Accounts Receivable Spending Trend By Customer template can be used as a key element of the process:
The Accounts Receivable Spending Trend By Customer template is a ready-to-use AR Report from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Accounts Receivable Spending Trend By Customer Template
AR Reports like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain sections with transactional detail with totals by month and customer. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to drive improved purchase planning, rate negotiations, and cash flow forecasting. Accounts Receivable Spending Trend By Customer reports are often used in conjunction with AR dashboards, cash flow reports, trended balance sheets, budget and forecast input forms.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organization’s ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve “one version of the truth”
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: