How can Trended Financial Statements Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly become key advisors in the Monthly Reporting Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using interactive Financial Statements like the 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Report template shown below enables them and users from the executive teams to experience near real time quarterly P&L trend analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Reports and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayās fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like board members and executive leaders with timely and concise Financial Statements. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective analysis that helps drive faster and smarter decisions:
- Rolling quarterly columns that dynamically display the past 7 quarters as well as quarter-to-date (QTD) data for the most current periods
- Parameter-driven execution where the user can select year/period and company
- Automated row-layout based on account categories
The 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Report template can be used as a key element of the Monthly Reporting process:
The 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Report is a ready-to-use Financial Statement from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Report Template
Financial Statements like the one seen in the image above are interactive and parameter driven and typically contain a presentation quality trended Profit & Loss layout. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability to easily compare revenues, expenses and profit margin trends for the most recent quarters. 8 Quarter Rolling Profit & Loss Reports are often used in conjunction with balance sheet and cash flow trend reports, 13 month rolling P&L reports, KPI dashboards and multi-year budget models.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationās ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve āone version of the truthā
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: