Product Sales Dashboard for a Distribution Company
What is a Product Sales Dashboard for a Distribution Company?
Product sales dashboards are considered sales analysis and monitoring tools and are used by sales and product managers to keep track of product performance metrics. Some of the main functionality in this type of dashboard is that it provides graphical analysis of product-focused sales metrics. These include: Sales by product, gross margin by product, sales versus gross margin by product, monthly revenue trend, monthly gross margin trend, and top 5 customer sales. You find an example of this type of dashboard below.
Purpose of Product Sales Dashboards
Distribution businesses use Product Sales Dashboards to provide managers with a self-service, web-based tool to monitor sales and margins for products. When used as part of good business practices in an sales department, a company can improve its product strategies and it can reduce the chances that decisions are slow or never happen due to lack of sales metric visibility.
Product Sales Dashboard Example
Here is an example of a Product Sales Dashboard for a distribution business.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Dashboard?
The typical users of this type of dashboard are: Sales managers, product managers, executives.
Other Dashboards Often Used in Conjunction with Product Sales Dashboards
Progressive sales department sometimes use several different Product Sales Dashboards, along with general customer sales dashboards, sales transaction reports, profit & loss reports, inventory dashboards and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from management systems or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100’s of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- Read more about Distribution industry solutions here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards