What is a Personnel Budget Model for Healthcare Providers?
Personnel Budget input forms are considered key components of a healthcare expense budget and are often used by budget managers to create a detailed plan for staff salaries, taxes and benefits. Key functionality in this type of form usually pulls data by facility and with all the departments and their employees in the rows. There are different sections or input templates for salaried versus hourly paid staff. The model also includes hours per shift, bonus, taxes, benefits and more. You will find an example of this type of form below.
Purpose of Personnel Models
Companies and organizations use Personnel Models to enable secure, detailed and accurate budget planning at the employee level. When used as part of good business practices in an HR or FP&A department, a company can improve its employee expense budgeting model, as well as, reduce the chances that there are cost overruns or surprises related to hiring strategies.
Personnel Model Example
Here is an example of a Personnel Budget input form by employee and department.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here.
Who Uses This Type of Form?
The typical users of this type of form are: Budget managers, HR managers, department heads.
Other Forms Often Used in Conjunction with Personnel Models
Progressive HR or FP&A Departments sometimes use several different Personnel Models, along with detailed budget input forms for revenue, capex, other operating expenses and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100’s of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- Healthcare White Paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards