What is a Student Detail Report?
Student reports are considered operational tools and are used by the Dean of Students and other administrators to view key demographic data and other information by student. Some of the main functionality in this type of report is that it it uses data from the student information system and can be filtered based on parameters such as school and year. The example shows all students in a particular school and campus, along with birth date, age, gender, ethnicity, major and GPA. You find an example of this type of report below.
Purpose of Student Detail Reports
Universities and colleges use Student Detail Reports to provide administrators with self-service, web-based access to retrieve student data in a user-friendly format. When used as part of good business practices, a higher education institution can improve its time spent to retrieve student data, and it can reduce the chances that users have to wait for days for IT or other system experts to provide them with reports.
Student Detail Report Example
Here is an example of a Student Detail report with demographics, major and GPA information.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Report?
The typical users of this type of report are: Dean of Students, school administrators and department heads.
Other Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Student Detail Reports
Progressive higher ed institutions sometimes use several different Student Detail Reports, along with student dashboards, individual records by student, GPA reports and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from best-of-breed student information systems integrated with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100’s of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- Read more about Higher Education industry solutions here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards