What is a Helpdesk Support Trend Report?
Support type trend reports are considered helpdesk analysis tools and are used by support managers to review monthly metrics in case volume. Some of the main functionality in this type of report is that it dynamically displays monthly case statistics up to the current period. The report shows a trend chart on the top, and then summary statistics for the following support types: 1) Remote support, 2) Technical support, and 3) Telephone support. The detailed rows show the same call type metrics but by helpdesk location. You find an example of this type of report below.
Purpose of Support Type Trend Reports
Technology companies use Support Type Trend Reports to easily analyze monthly trends in support case volume. When used as part of good business practices in helpdesk departments, a company can improve its support processes and automation strategies, and it can reduce the chances that managers don’t have the right information they need for resource planning and cost control.
Example of a Support Type Trend Report
Here is an example of a Support Type Trend Report with monthly statistical metrics.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Report?
The typical users of this type of report are: Helpdesk managers, COOs, support team leads.
Other Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Support Type Trend Reports
Progressive helpdesk departments sometimes use several different Support Type Trend Reports, along with helpdesk dashboards, support ticket reports and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from helpdesk systems and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100â€™s of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- View a Technology industry white paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards