How can Dashboard Navigation Menus HelpÂ Drive Faster and Better Decisions?
As CFOs increasingly rely on dashboards to empower users in the Financial Analysis Process, they must rely on modern self-service corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) tools. Using Interactive Dashboard Navigation Menus like the Interactive Menu template shown below enables them and users from the leadership team to experience near real time financial analysis that help drive faster and better decisions.
Who uses Interactive Menus and What are Some Key Analytical Features?
In todayâs fast-paced business environment, CFOs are under high pressure to supply end users like board members and executives with timely and concise graphical analysis of trends, exceptions and variances. Companies use key features like the ones below to support their users with effective navigation across numerous dashboards that helps drive faster and better decisions:
- Quick and easy access to the right dashboard for specific financial metrics
- Reduce chances that end users get “lost” while looking for the dashboard they need
- Motivate users to do more analysis in a shorter amount of time
The Interactive Dashboard Navigation template can be used as a key element of the financial analysis process:
The Interactive Navigation Template is a ready-to-use template from the Solver Marketplace.
A Brief Description of the Dashboard Navigation Template
Dashboard Navigations like the one seen in the image above are interactive and by clicking on any of the buttons it will take the user directly to the underlying dashboard. One of the important features that aid the user in the analysis process is the ability save time by going directly to a specific dashboard and from there to go back up to the interactive navigation and then drill down into the next dashboard that supports the analysis process. Interactive Menus are often used in conjunction with the deployment of a large number of detailed dashboards to simplify the user experience.
Data Integration to Transaction Systems
Most organizations these days want automated and streamlined planning, reporting and analysis. However, many of the benefits described earlier rely on best of breed Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools and/or Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities as well as data marts or data warehouses that use pre-built integrations to the organizationâs ERP system. Oftentimes, they also need integrations to other key data sources like CRM, subscription systems, payroll tools, etc.
Modern, cloud-based ERPs like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (D365 Finance), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Sage Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite and SAP have robust APIs which allow for dynamic integrations to CPM and BI tools that are fully automated and flexible to run on a schedule or on-demand.
Additional Resources to Aid with Research of Templates, CPM and BI Tools
- Templates from Solver that are pre-built and that work out-of-the-box using the Solver CPM cloud. Click here.
- Template examples: You find more than 500 CPM and BI Template examples here.
- Interactive Dashboard examples: Try Power BI dashboard templates from Solver here.
- Software evaluation and selection:
- Vendor Comparison and ROI (free interactive tool)
- Evaluating planning, budgeting and forecasting functionality
- Evaluating Financial Reporting functionality
- Evaluating Dashboard functionality
- Evaluating Data Warehouse functionality to achieve âone version of the truthâ
- Demonstrations and other specific assets: Solver Tour Central
- Using third party analysts and consultants to aid in vendor selection
- Creating efficient processes: