What is a CFO Dashboard for Healthcare Providers?
CFO Dashboards are considered financial analysis tools and are used by CFOs and analysts to monitor key financial metrics. Some of the main functionality in this dashboard is that it provides analysis from eight different perspectives, including: 1) Actual and budgeted revenues by GL account, 2) Top 5 expenses – actual and budget, 3) Revenue by facility – actual and budget, 4) Accounts receivable (AR) – monthly trend, 5) Revenues – monthly trend with actual and budget comparison, 6) Expenses – monthly trend with actual and budget comparison, 7) Actual and budgeted expenses by facility, and 8) Bad debt – monthly trend. The user can filter on month and year on the top of the dashboard. You find an example of this type of dashboard below.
Purpose of Healthcare CFO Dashboards
Healthcare organizations use Healthcare CFO Dashboards to track financial trends and budget variances. When used as part of good business practices in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) departments, an organization can improve its decision-making speed, and it can reduce the chances that key financial issues goes undetected longer then necessary.
Example of a Healthcare CFO Dashboard
Here is an example of a CFO Dashboard for healthcare providers with financial trends and budget comparisons.
You can find hundreds of additional examples here
Who Uses This Type of Dashboard?
The typical users of this type of dashboard are: Executives, CFOs, analysts, controllers.
Other Reports Often Used in Conjunction with Healthcare CFO Dashboards
Progressive Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) departments sometimes use several different Healthcare CFO Dashboards, along with profit & loss reports, balance sheets, cash flow statements, annual budgets and forecasts, AR aging reports, bad debt reports and other management and control tools.
Where Does the Data for Analysis Originate From?
The Actual (historical transactions) data typically comes from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems like: Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365 BC), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, Sage X3, SAP Business One, SAP ByDesign, Acumatica, Netsuite and others.
In analyses where budgets or forecasts are used, the planning data most often originates from in-house Excel spreadsheet models or from professional corporate performance management (CPM/EPM) solutions.
What Tools are Typically used for Reporting, Planning and Dashboards?
Examples of business software used with the data and ERPs mentioned above are:
- Native ERP report writers and query tools
- Spreadsheets (for example Microsoft Excel)
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) tools (for example Solver)
- Dashboards (for example Microsoft Power BI and Tableau)
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) Cloud Solutions and More Examples
- View 100âs of reporting, consolidations, planning, budgeting, forecasting and dashboard examples here
- View a Healthcare white paper and other industry-specific information here
- See how reports are designed in a modern report writer using a cloud-connected Excel add-in writer
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers financial and operational reporting
- Discover how the Solver CPM solution delivers planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Watch demo videos of reporting, planning and dashboards