Comparing Solver and Prophix: Choosing the Best CPM Solution for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Companies using the Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP system have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a CPM (Corporate Performance Management) solution. Two popular options are Solver and Prophix. In this blog post, we’ll compare the two solutions and help you decide which one is best for your business.
First, let’s look at how Solver and Prophix rank on G2, a popular software review website. Solver is currently ranked as a High Performer in the mid-market CPM category, with a 4.5 out of 5 stars rating based on 162 reviews. Prophix, on the other hand, is ranked as a Leader in the same category, with a 4.4 out of 5 stars rating based on 153 reviews. You can view the rankings on G2 by visiting the following URLs:
- Solver: https://www.g2.com/products/solver/reviews
- Prophix: https://www.g2.com/products/ prophix-software/reviews
Now, let’s take a closer look at the top 5 differences between Solver and Prophix:
- Solver is a cloud-based solution, while Prophix is available as both a cloud-based and on-premises solution.
- Solver specializes in budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting, while Prophix also offers additional features like dynamic modeling.
- Solver integrates with Dynamics 365 Business Central out of the box, while Prophix requires additional setup and integration.
- Solver offers more than 100 ready-to-use financial templates, including 50+ Power BI dashboards and related Power BI mobile app for iOS and Android devices, while Prophix does not.
- Solver’s pricing is based on a per user per month model, while Prophix’s pricing is based on a per core model.
Solver is a great option for companies that are looking for a cloud-based CPM solution that specializes in budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting. It’s also a good choice for companies that want a solution that can get up and running quickly because of ready-to-use report templates and pre-configured integration with Dynamics 365 Business Central and many of its popular third party ISV solutions. On the other hand, Prophix is a good option for companies that are looking for a more CPM solution that offers more consulting-driven implementations. It’s also a good choice for companies that prefer an on-premises solution or are willing to invest in the additional setup and integration required to use Prophix with Dynamics 365 Business Central.