The primary responsibility of the Operations Accountant is to support the maintenance invoicing process as well as perform various supporting accounting duties in accordance with company and GAAP requirements. This position will also be involved with renewal invoice audits and assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures, which will include the preparation of various reconciliations and analysis. This position works with finance, sales, customer care and all other internal groups to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the proper calculation and set-up of on-premise customer maintenance and the proper issuance of the associated renewal computations
- Accountable for responding to initial and follow-up questions and inquiries related to maintenance contracts and other general accounting department questions.
- Follows policies and systems to assist in efficient and accurate revenue accounting
- Prepare various balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as requested by Controller and organize accounting records and reports as stipulated by company standards.
- Accountable for the A/R collection process on all outstanding invoices, including assessing associated finance charges on late invoices.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Provide continual support to Customer Care and serve as a liaison for communicating customer information between accounting and said department.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting
- Adds or updates customer records in accounting system and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist in any financial audits as needed.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies & procedures.
- Answer inquiries, quickly and accurately, directed the accounting department by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Uphold accounting procedures when working with all internal departments.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting Software (Great Plains or Similar).
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures and offer insight on process improvement.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Strong oral and written communication, including being clear, informative and responsive.
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word skills required.
- Computer proficiency and word processing skills required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.