Software QA Engineer - Automation
Location: Los Angeles
We are seeking a software tester & quality assurance automation engineer to join our growing BI360 development team in West Los Angeles. You will assist with application testing, writing automation tests utilizing Selenium and help maintain technical documentation. You will work closely with the development team and report to the QA Manager. This position will be based in our West Los Angeles global headquarters.
Your primary responsibility will be to help maintain quality of the products we produce. This includes researching, designing and coding regression tests utilizing Selenium. You will test for user interface, API and data validation testing of the BI360 product suite.
- Develop and implement automated testing solutions
- Develop, document and execute test cases based on business requirements, functional/technical requirements and user stories utilizing Selenium
- Contribute to enhancing QA processes and procedures
- Utilize manual and automated testing to ensure stability of each release
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the products
- Identify bug trends and drive resolution process
- Work closely with Customer Support and other internal teams to document discovered bugs, define use cases, and perform risk analysis
Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or passion for technology. An exceptional academic history or proven hands on experience is required. To succeed in this position, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in an Automation Quality Engineer role
- Experience with testing applications written in AngularJS / Angular, C# and HTML5
- Experience testing RESTful web services
- Proficient in understanding database schemas and query tools. Ability to write ad-hoc SQL queries to validate data, preferably using SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger and Postman
- Proficiency in source revisions tools, preferably git, e.g. Bitbucket, GitHub
- Passion to deconstruct problems to understand the root cause
- Excellent organizational, qualitative and analytical skills as well as the ability to apply a creative approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to learn on the fly, multi-task and maintain a creative mindset
- A desire to take ownership of and thoroughly test and improve our team’s products
- The ability to document, as simply and fully as possible, test cases for the development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory to succeed in this position
Seniority Level: Associate
- Industry: Computer Software / Information Technology and Services
- Job Functions: Engineering / Quality Assurance
Solver, a global organization headquartered in West Los Angeles, is the premier Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) software and provider of BI360, a comprehensive BI suite. A member of the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Awarded “Global Microsoft BI Partner of the Year”, we are considered the “go-to” experts in our field and are poised for rapid growth in the coming years. Our software is exciting, easy to use, and is generating amazing response from all sizes of organizations in all industries as the only software suite that handles all aspects of BI. As a Solver employee, you are considered a significant contributor to our growth—you will learn new technologies and solve challenging problems, while still having a lot of fun. This is a great opportunity to join a very fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic company who is making a difference in their industry, and impacting the way small innovative companies to Fortune 500 companies in the US and around the world use and implement business intelligence solutions.
For any questions, visit Solver's website or contact Solver at firstname.lastname@example.org.