Ad Hoc Analysis Is Your Secret to Speedy Reporting This Year
Ad Hoc Analysis Saves Time on Informal Reporting
Ad hoc analysis allows any reporting user to create on-demand reports for the exact business insight they need – exactly when they need it. Since Ad Hoc Reporting doesn’t require Excel knowledge and works with plain-spoken natural language queries, anyone can start using this tool within minutes.
That’s why it’s your secret to faster reporting this year.
What Can You Use Ad Hoc Analysis For?
If you have a speciﬁc question you want to answer quickly, you may not want to sift through a detailed report or ask a coworker to do so for you. Instead, you can enter your question directly into Solver and get high-level or detailed results instantly.
Here are a few examples of questions you can ask:
- What are total sales by product line for the current month?
- What about an additional breakdown of that question by business entity?
- Can we see which customers have purchased each product?
Why Use an Ad Hoc Report vs. a Standard or Custom Report?
When you’re looking for comparative, cross-module insight, a full-ﬂedged report is essential. However, when you’re in a hurry and need answers yesterday, ad hoc analysis gets you the speed you crave.
Ad Hoc Reporting is:
- Easy and fast to train on. It takes less than 10 minutes to learn.
- Accessible anytime and anywhere. Answer questions on the go using your phone.
- Usable for everyone. Excel-based reporting requires Excel experience and know-how. Ad Hoc Reporting takes no prior knowledge (and no training manuals!)
Ad Hoc Reporting – Fast Answers AND Fast Setup
Ad Hoc Reporting is known for its fast answers and its fast setup. If you already use Solver, you already have access to Ad Hoc. If you’d like some tips to get started, just ask!
If you haven’t yet implemented Solver’s award-winning Corporate Performance Management solution, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can get access to Ad Hoc Reporting in one day using our patent-pending QuickStart rapid deployment.